Friday, July 24, 2009

Dating....


Joshua Harris wrote a book entitled “I kissed dating Goodbye” that some of my friends encourage me to read. Though I knew the book is good and nice still I didn’t read it – kasi tamad akong magbasa at walang kahilig hilig sa mga libro. Pero nabago ito, masarap pala na magbasa ng libro lalo kapag about singleness and kay God. This book is really good, beautiful, bagay sa mga single men and women out there. Maraming examples dito ng love story na mali pero na correct and importantly iyong word ni God about relationships.

I really thank God for using this book to correct my view about dating and relationship. Naaalala ko dati mahilig ako makipag-date lalo kapag sexy at cute, kahit katext ko lang or ka- chat at marami pang iba. Pero noong nabasa ko itong book na ito, narealize ko na hindi pala sya dapat ganun. I realized that I wasted my time and money for a short happiness or relationship with a woman. Kala ko dati di complete kapag walang girlfriend or ka-date, pero mali pala iyon. Sa panahon ngayon madaming kabataan na akala na it's ok or right na makipagdate dahil mga single sila etc. but this book tell about dating is....
1. dating skip the friendship stage of relationship
2. Dating often mistake a physical relationship for love
3. Dating often mistake of couple from vital relationship
4. dating can distract young adults from their primary responsibilities of preparing the future.
5. dating can cause discontentment with Godly gift of singleness
6. Dating can create an artificial environment for evaluating another person's character.
7. Dating often become an end in itself.

Lahat ng nakasulat dito ay tama, na maraming single men and women ngaun ay nakikipagrelasyon without responsibilities o commitment - pang enjoy lang. Being a christian single, dapat we have uniqueness ibang way dapat, we should make a difference in the world to glorify God even in having a relationship we can glorify God sabi nga sa book na ito -
1. Every relationship is an opportunity to model Christ-like character.
2. My unmarried years is a gift from God.
3. I don't need to pursue a romantic relationship before I am ready for marriage.
4. I cannot own someone outside of marriage.
5. I will avoid situation that could compromise the purity of my body or mind.

Dati naaalala ko kapag mag gigirlfriend ako una kong tinatanong or kapag may kilala ako ay marunong ka bang magluto or maglaba? may alam ka ba sa gawaing bahay pag hindi sagot dapat mag-aral ka. If you want a romantic relationship may step dito.

1. casual friendship
2. deeper friendship
3. courtship
4. engagement

at if you want naman mahanap iyong God's best mo or magustuhan ka ng God's best mo ay ito...

1. Practice intimacy (especially having intimate relationship with God)
2. Financial responsibility
3. Practice Parenthood
4. Practice lifestyle skills

I was really amaze how God gave Joshua harris to wrote this book. May line sya sinabi na nagustuhan ko sabi nya "mas magugustuhan nya or mas excited sya na umabot ng 40yrs ang wife nya kasi mas maganda ito or mag naggrow ito. Hindi physical ang tinitingnan nya. In his book I learned a lot and I make my own abbreviation of how we singles will glorify God - PLS
Purity
Love of God
Selflessness

Patience
Lifestyle worshipping God
Serve God


Song of Solomon 2:7
Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you by the gazelles and by the does of the field: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.

1 Corinthians 13:3-5

3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[a] but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Pakiabangan ang next ko na babasahin na book "boy meets girl" at gagawan ko din ito ng blog. my next blog is coming soon "My lovestory" dito makikilala nyo ako at about my lofe life then next blog is Farmtown. Thanks for reading

Let us give the pen to God to write our lovestory....

No comments:

Post a Comment